|Gartner's Global CIO Business and Tech Priorities for 2012|
The top ten tech priorities list has changed somewhat since last year with a major move by Virtualization and some shake-ups in Analytics & Business Intelligence and Collaboration/Workflow. Here is the full list:
- Analytics and business intelligence (Last year's rank: 5)
- Mobile technologies (Last year: 3)
- Cloud computing, including SaaS (Last year: 1)
- Collaboration/workflow technologies (Last year: 8)
- Legacy modernization
- IT management (Last year: 4)
- ERP applications
- Virtualization (Last year: 2)
The business priorities did not change in the top three spots:
- Increasing enterprise growth
- Attracting and retaining new customers
- Reducing costs
How does this list compare with your priorities? At Uplogix, our connection to network infrastructure (both literally and figuratively!) put us on the list for projects with a variety of goals. Across each of the CIO priorities above, the common connection is a network that is functioning as good if not better than its 2011 performance.
See how Local Management can address the Top Ten issues of CIOs in 2012.