|The view this week at the Monaco Yacht Show.|
For luxury yachts and cruise ships, form may not always follow function, but today's vessels aim to provide the same connectivity that passengers are familiar with on shore. Always-on internet access through stabilized satellite antennas means that a yacht has many of the same networking devices and support headaches as a branch office with the added challenges of mobility across the 70% of the earth's surface covered by water.
|What luxury yacht would be complete without|
it's own submersible?
Here are some reasons for a service provider to put Local Management into a luxury yacht today:
Lower Service Costs
Troubleshooting with VSAT users in the field is challenging and expensive. Often the only resource techs have to work with is from the users on the boat. If they are unable to fix the problem over the phone, an expensive site visit becomes necessary and downtime and missed SLA’s drag on. Uplogix reduces this pain and expense with:
- Persistent access to remote gear
- Secure access both in- and out-of-band
- Reduce site visits with remote diagnostics and automated remediation
- Use of direct-access device tools remotely over an out-of-band satellite connection
- Local storage of config and OS files
- Troubleshoot more rapidly
- Key parameters are converted to human-readable format
- Device information is stored for forensic evaluation
Customers expect their gear to work when they need it. Uplogix brings unprecedented functionality to help ensure you deliver.
- Proactive alerting
- Devices are monitored locally every 30 seconds without sending any traffic over the satellite link
- Receive an email or text message when specific events occur
- Service Level Verification
- Local monitoring of dozens of quality metrics, including voice call quality, satellite signal verification
The tight integration between Uplogix and antennas makes it possible to automate functions like blockage zone detection and retargeting to a new satellite based on pre-set thresholds.
Don't have a yacht? No problem. We don't have one either. But we're excited that our gear is deployed on them and increasing network uptime while lowering support costs. For more information, check out some of the case studies on the Uplogix website.